- Saving Soils for People and Planetby Farming First on December 5, 2022 at 3:05 pm
Ebunoluwa Ijeoma Ajobiewe, Ambassador for the NextGen Ag Impact Network The post Saving Soils for People and Planet appeared first on Farming First.
- From Potential to Reality: Innovative solutions...by Farming First on November 30, 2022 at 3:13 pm
Joachim von Braun, Center for Development Research (ZEF) of the University of Bonn The post From Potential to Reality: Innovative solutions to the global hunger crisis appeared first on Farming First.
- Beware of the hippos – Guest blog from Malawi...by Helen Yapp on November 30, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Original post by Kevin Simpson of Malawi Fruits – A Futurepump distributor – See original post here Alex has a farm between the towns of Rumphi (where we [Malawi Fruits] have a base) and Bolero. His land is beside a perennial river which is a great asset and, until three years ago, he was […]
- The Nigerian Rural Electrification Agency (NREA)...by Helen Yapp on November 22, 2022 at 4:32 pm
A national project aimed at tackling the growing challenge of food security across Nigeria, whilst also reducing agricultural carbon emissions, has launched this month. This ambitious venture brings together governmental bodies, local partners and farming communities, and is designed to support […]
- COP27 Brief: Dialogues and commitments at the...by Farming First on November 22, 2022 at 1:53 pm
World leaders gathered in Egypt from 6-18 November for the COP27 climate conference, where a number of sessions and dialogues were held to discuss the intersection of agriculture and climate change, among other topics. A number of commitments and initiatives were also announced during the talks. […]
- How much do you know about your water source?by Freya Herman on November 16, 2022 at 11:58 am
What many people don’t realise is that a water source is going to determine a lot about a farm. When planning what and how much you can grow, how many harvests you will get and how you could irrigate – it all comes down to your access to water and how you plan to use [...] Read More... The post […]
- Building the Resilience of Smallholder Women...by Farming First on November 15, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Reema Nanavaty, Self Employed Women's Association (SEWA) The post Building the Resilience of Smallholder Women Farmers in India appeared first on Farming First.
- Borlaug Dialogues Round-up: A better way to feed...by Farming First on October 27, 2022 at 2:49 pm
After a day orienting food security experts from around the world on the interconnected challenges of climate change, COVID-19, global conflict and more, the second day of the Borlaug Dialogue began to delve deeper into the agricultural development landscape with a keynote speech from Samantha […]
- Solar irrigation for higher latitudesby Freya Herman on October 26, 2022 at 11:46 am
We sometimes hear that people living far from the equator (at higher latitudes more than 30 degrees north or south) think that solar energy is not a practical option for them – but they are wrong. This myth stems from decades ago. Back then solar panels were a lot less efficient and a lot more […]
- Levelling the Playing Field: Seed access for...by Farming First on September 30, 2022 at 8:14 am
Anastasia Mbatia, Farm Africa The post Levelling the Playing Field: Seed access for farmers appeared first on Farming First.
- Solar irrigation on a no dig kitchen garden with...by Freya Herman on September 28, 2022 at 3:03 pm
We have more to share from YouTube! It was great to see the Futurepump SF2 on Huw Richards no dig kitchen garden in Wales, and hear how it has helped keep it all growing through the drought this summer! From the sheer variety of plants grown to the challenges the drought this summer has thrown […]
- Nourishing Crops for Resilient Food Systems in...by Farming First on September 8, 2022 at 10:22 am
Dr Shamie Zingore, African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) The post Nourishing Crops for Resilient Food Systems in sub-Saharan Africa appeared first on Farming First.
- Growing an ‘industrial oasis’ at the...by Helen Yapp on September 7, 2022 at 8:49 am
Until recently, when you zoomed in on Futurepump India on Google maps, all you saw was a barren rectangle of earth. The area on the outskirts of Rajkot, Gujarat State, in which the Futurepump factory has been built on is new to development – a blank canvas. Once the site was purchased and […]
- Haiti’s Farmers Showcase Resilience in the Face...by Farming First on September 1, 2022 at 8:13 am
Haiti’s smallholder farmers have demonstrated how they defied the Covid-19 pandemic to continue to produce and export goods, thanks to long-term investment in food systems. Acceso has been supporting Haitian farmers, providing technical training, support and market linkages, since 2014. After […]
- From drought to rain – how to make the most of...by Helen Yapp on August 24, 2022 at 12:04 pm
Prolonged periods of drought and then sudden downpours of rain are becoming increasingly common weather patterns around the globe. Where there used to be a more consistent and steady flow of the changing seasons, we are now experiencing more extremes on both ends of the scale. Extremes in weather […]
- The Power of People: A spotlight on youth-led...by Farming First on August 12, 2022 at 10:04 am
Rayan Kassem, Youth4Nature The post The Power of People: A spotlight on youth-led initiatives for MENA’s food systems appeared first on Farming First.
- Meet Ann from Jade Aqua Farm – A solar water...by Freya Herman on August 10, 2022 at 9:00 am
We visited Ann in Kenya on a hot, sunny day during the dry season to see how she was putting her Futurepump SF2 solar water pump to work [...] Read More... The post Meet Ann from Jade Aqua Farm – A solar water pump farmer appeared first on Futurepump.
- How Europe-Africa Research Collaboration Can...by Farming First on August 2, 2022 at 3:04 pm
Dorine Odongo, African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) The post How Europe-Africa Research Collaboration Can Uncover Climate Solutions for Farmers appeared first on Farming First.
- Irrigating in the increasingly volatile weather...by Freya Herman on July 20, 2022 at 1:50 pm
We’re not the only ones enjoying the temperatures coming down across the UK after the past few record-breaking days – our crops and plants will be relieved too! It feels quite timely to share Geoff’s experiences with their SE1 solar pump on Brimwood Farm in East Anglia, UK. Geoff has been […]
- 3 ways to start getting the most from the soil on...by Freya Herman on July 14, 2022 at 10:00 am
Treat your soil right and you will be rewarded with happy and healthy crops. First, what is your soil type: is it clay, loam, or mostly sand? [...] Read More... The post 3 ways to start getting the most from the soil on your farm appeared first on Futurepump.
- Futurepump SE1 installation manual / manuel...by Helen Yapp on June 19, 2022 at 8:56 am
Mislaid your Futurepump SE1 installation manual? We’ve got you covered. Vous avez égaré votre manuel d’installation Futurepump SE1 ? Nous avons ce qu’il vous faut. ¿Perdió su manual de instalación de Futurepump SE1? Te tenemos cubierto. [...] Read More... The post Futurepump SE1 […]
- Futurepump SF2 installation manual / manuel...by Helen Yapp on June 19, 2022 at 8:55 am
Mislaid your Futurepump SF2 installation manual? We’ve got you covered. Vous avez égaré votre manuel d’installation Futurepump SF2 ? Nous avons ce qu’il vous faut. ¿Perdió su manual de instalación de Futurepump SF2? Te tenemos cubierto. Download [...] Read More... The post Futurepump SF2 […]
- Guide for selecting a compatible solar panel for...by Helen Yapp on June 19, 2022 at 8:53 am
If you have not purchased solar panels from Futurepump directly, the following guidelines will help you choose solar panels for the most efficient functioning of your Futurepump solar pump. [...] Read More... The post Guide for selecting a compatible solar panel for your Futurepump appeared first […]
- Futurepump Sprinklers Datasheetby Helen Yapp on June 19, 2022 at 7:59 am
When using sprinklers with your Futurepump solar pump they should be positioned at intervals along the discharge pipe. This document outlines the optimal use of Futurepump sprinklers. [...] Read More... The post Futurepump Sprinklers Datasheet appeared first on Futurepump.
- Solar Powered Irrigation in Sunny Suffolk, UKby Freya Herman on June 15, 2022 at 10:09 am
Our week got off to a great start seeing Applewood Acres Farm share a video chatting through their Futurepump SF2 solar pump and how, in just a week, it is already changing how they can irrigate their farm in Suffolk, UK for the better! “It is fantastic, it has been life-changing for our farm… […]
- What irrigation options are there for smallholder...by Freya Herman on June 1, 2022 at 11:19 am
What is irrigation? Irrigation is the process of watering your crops in a controlled way. Instead of relying on increasingly unreliable rainfall, irrigation means you can tailor the amount of water you use and when, by what each crop needs to grow best. How does irrigation benefit smallholders? […]
- QUELLES SONT LES OPTIONS D’IRRIGATION POUR LES...by Helen Yapp on June 1, 2022 at 9:41 am
Qu’est-ce que l’irrigation ? L’irrigation est le processus qui consiste à arroser vos cultures de manière contrôlée. Au lieu de compter sur des précipitations de plus en plus incertaines, l’irrigation permet d’ajuster la quantité d’eau que vous utilisez et quand, assurant une […]
- Futurepump SE1 – Troubleshooting treeby Helen Yapp on May 19, 2022 at 9:09 am
Use this tree diagram to diagnose any problems with your SE1 pump before needing to contact a technician – if you are unable to diagnose the problem or require additional spares, please visit support.futurepump.com [...] Read More... The post Futurepump SE1 – Troubleshooting tree appeared first […]
- Futurepump SF2 – Troubleshooting treeby Helen Yapp on May 19, 2022 at 9:08 am
Use this tree diagram to diagnose any problems with your SF2 pump before needing to contact a technician – if you are unable to diagnose the problem or require additional spares, please visit support.futurepump.com [...] Read More... The post Futurepump SF2 – Troubleshooting tree appeared first […]
- Futurepump SE1 – Solução de problemasby Helen Yapp on May 19, 2022 at 9:07 am
Use este diagrama em árvore para diagnosticar quaisquer problemas com sua bomba SE1 antes de precisar entrar em contato com um técnico – se você não conseguir diagnosticar o problema ou precisar de peças de reposição adicionais, visite support.futurepump.com [...] Read More... The post […]